Home 

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

I an trying to purchase some 104 pulleys from Mike Taylor in England and the shipping quote is obscene. What is the best way to ship to the USA from England?

Has anyone had dealings with Mike Taylor? Are the parts as advertised?

Thanks,

Kurt

Ron Earp

US Postal is very affordable and I've used it a lot for UK and Germany.  Used UPS and FedEx too.  Generally for a package that small US Postal can do it for like $25 tops. Get your own shipping quotes and you might find them very different from what is quoted you.

Ron

colinw59

The Royal Mail can ship by air or by the 'slow boat from China'! By air is usualy a week and by sea can take several weeks. The cost of shipping by air is dictated by weight and by sea it's by volume. The later is by far the cheapest method if your not in a hurry.

jcdean

I just checked the DHL rate quote.  I was amazed, well, disgusted actually.  Figuring a 5 lb ship weight and a 8x8x8 box it came to $102.00.  Listen to everyone else, the shipper I thought would be cheaper was ludicrous.

Joey

EDIT:  If you have friends or relatives in the military stationed in England they would be able to ship it via US Mail from an APO address.  I realize this would or could be a logistics nightmare and this is simply put out as a different suggestion.

Last edited on 09-11-2006 02:47 pm by jcdean

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems