Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Crazy question about buying a JH

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Crazy question about buying a JH  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-10-2006 02:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
stg

Yay! :)

Okay all, going to look at 2 today...fingers crossed!

Suzanne

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 09-11-2006 06:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
stg

Update:

and the winner is: 17091!

'74 4 speed, okay breathe...porsche bluish-silver paint and JH decals (Yes, I know Kurt, and I did poke around with... well not a screwdriver... but keys :) )

Absolutely NOT the car we thought we were going to buy...but you guys know how you say never to bring a woman to buy a car because they will make the emotional decision? Reverse that in my life!

HE liked this one best because it has "personality"...now I know it sounds crackers, and I hate to admit it...but it does :) We really really liked the guy who owned it, records were in great shape, and he actually DROVE it regularly...long distances (well, relative to others in the running) and it just hugged the road. It is amazingly quiet too, which is actually a bonus in our neighborhood.

It has a few flaws, some if which I'm sure you with greater brain capacity and strength of character would have had you running for the hills, but it fit our needs. Not going to do any concours any time soon... but it could sure seems it could get us there and back to attend and drool.

The other car we drove yesterday was more "classic" on the outside and was a 74 1/2, but it had some things that we just didn't like, needed immediate work, and it drove no where near as well as 17091. Probably would have been fine it we hadn't driven and crawled around under the hood of the first ;)

We're calling this one the "Starter Jensen"... and it is the same year and gear type as the gift we have waiting in Eureka. Maybe we have to earn the right to have a mint condition one...or we'll have one when we restore one, like a lot of you inspirational guys!

I'm creating a 17091 web page so pics to link to coming soon...

Okay...I can take it...give me your best shot :)

Last edited on 09-11-2006 08:46 pm by stg

Posted: 09-11-2006 08:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Dark Side!

Posted: 09-11-2006 08:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
stg

Kurt...is that car running?

We take take physical possession on Sunday, so I think I owe you that drink sooner than anticipated :)

Posted: 09-11-2006 09:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

You know it. I drove to the Fairfax car show on Sunday at noon. (well, it's only 1/2 a mile from here but who's counting) It was a poor substitute for the Palo Alto meet!

Kurt

Posted: 09-11-2006 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
stg

Agreed...went there before going to test drive the JHs yesterday about 10. seems the brits were all south except the red Jag.

Glad your are on the road again!

Current time is 08:01 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Crazy question about buying a JH Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems