Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Oil filter-oil cooler interface

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Oil filter-oil cooler interface  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-02-2006 04:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
svenskdude

Hi all,
Just fired up 16999 this morning and it puked all the oil out onto the garage floor via the interface between the oil filter and the oil cooler interface.  It had the oil changed some months ago so no idea why now?  Do I renew the gasket between the oil cooler adapter and the filter mount?  Maybe the wrong filter was installed and there wasn't enough force to hold all in place.  Suggestions?
Thanks,
Svenskdude

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 09-02-2006 05:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
svenskdude

Just inspected the oil filter and found a torn gasket - guess that was the culprit.  Bought a new filter and found that the ##**^@! who installed the last one used an improper filter.  Gasket is definitely smaller in diameter.  Will do all my own work from now on.

Posted: 09-03-2006 04:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Mark Rosenbaum

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.   Incompetent overpriced "professional" labor is a curse we all have to deal with on occasion.  I think that's perhaps the main reason why so many of us take up wrenches.  And one of the neat things about the JHPS is that you're certain to get lots of good advice on virtually any problem the car might have.

Current time is 07:46 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Oil filter-oil cooler interface Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems