Home 

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
bruceclouette

Hello:

I have just joined the JHPS, so please bear with me.  I have a line on a car that may need to be re-painted, and I am thinking of green.  I see in ads that some people have re-painted British Racing Green, and I was wondering how this compared to the JH color Oakland Green?  Any thoughts?

Also, I notice some cars have a Jensen Healey decal on the side.  Was this an option? What is the significance of this?  Is the windshield decal also an original option?

Thanks for whatever advice you can give.

BRUCE CLOUETTE

Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

British Racing Green Italian racing red and French racing blue were not specific colors but identified the cars nationality from a distance on the track. If you like Oakland Green then go for it.

The stickers on the sides and windshield were aftermarket items and may still be available from Delta Motorsports or at the Club Store. The significance of the side decal is that it covers cheap rust repairs using massive piles of Bondo.

Check for rust just in front of the rear wheel and at the lower front wing. The floors and rockers are also common spots for major decay. Poke these areas with a screwdriver before you buy. A car with rusted rockers is a parts car to 99% of us.

Good Luck,

Kurt

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems