Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > muffler shops in Durham area?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
muffler shops in Durham area?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 08-17-2006 01:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
edward_davis

Discovered a leak or two in my exhaust when I had to get my NC inspection today.  Does anyone know of a good muffler shop in the Raleigh-Durham area?  I might never have known of this leak in California before I moved, since good ol' CA doesn't do saftey inspections...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 08-24-2006 11:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Ron Earp

Best guy I know of for custom work is R&J in Apex, straight down 55 about 10 miles from you. 919-362-6630.  Robert is the welder and fabricator and had done custom headers for us on a number of cars. He'd have no trouble doing what you wish.

For a good general purpose shop that I am sure can handle what you wish and is close to you, McNair Performance, 27617, is on the edge of Durham/Raleigh just off 70. Definitely close.  Ask for Grover (Jennifer will probably answer the phone), he is a SCCA racer and we use him for alignments and some other stuff, like cramming 225 size tires on tiny 13" Jensen Healey rims. Yes, it works.

And, in Durham for anything British - Flying Circus English Cars. They have worked on many a Jensen, and have done some work on my Turbo Esprit as well as by buddy's.  They do good stuff and could handle it I'm sure. 919-596-4250.

I live in Cary but work in Durham, let's have lunch sometime or maybe I can meet you at the Circus sometime if you wish to meet Toby, Max, and those fellows.

Ron

Posted: 08-29-2006 03:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
edward_davis

Ron,

Let's meet up for lunch sometime soon.  Thursdays will probably work best for me.  Email me off the list:  edward_davis@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Edward

Current time is 03:07 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > muffler shops in Durham area? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems