Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Blowing bottom fuse  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 08-08-2006 01:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Joel

Ok, I'll call Viking tomorrow and talk to them but I thought ya'll might have a good comment for me. 

I noticed by horn isn't working.  And then I noticed by brake lights and back up lights aren't working.

The bottom fuse blows 35A fuses (it had a 30A in it) as soon as I put them in.  A nice pretty spark I might add.  Everything worked fine until a recently. 

Any ideas? 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 08-09-2006 03:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Mark Rosenbaum

The horn switch, door light switches and courtesy light, headlight switch, and their associated wiring, are the most likely culprits.  If the problem is not one of these, then you'll have to check everything out methodically, one component at a time.  Bear in mind that it is possible to have multiple things go wrong at the same time.

JHPS member John Kimbrough has an electrical troubleshooting guide available on his website which may be of use to you, but it's in a format my computer doesn't have the software to read, so I can't comment on its utility save to note that other JH owners have found it valuable.

Finally, there are several online wiring diagrams that should be accurate enough for your needs, though they seem based on the European cars and may not show the Infamous Seat Belt Warning Module which also is powered by Fuse #3.

Posted: 08-09-2006 05:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Joel

I'm going to ask harry to look at it.  it was fine until i had fan rewired and the new temp guage - but the guage is mechanical. . .

the turn signal mechanism is all new - i installed it myself and it worked fine. 

i'm just not sure where to start.  i'll start by pushing them to go thru everything they may have changed. . . ..

thanks for the comments.  i'll keep u posted.

it's a really good short.  i can get a spark by jumping the terminals on the fuse box!! it's a nice blue spark!

Last edited on 08-09-2006 05:43 am by Joel

Current time is 02:53 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Blowing bottom fuse Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems