Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
New top  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-06-2006 03:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
jcdean

Taking suggestions for a new top.  Seen a few, both foriegn and domestic, from about $350.00 to $500.00 in Stayfast and similar fabrics.  Input from those of you that have replaced a top in the last few years would be greatly appreciated.

Joey

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 06-06-2006 05:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
John Finch

JC, I bought a Stayfast top from AA Best Co and just had it installed locally. Good quality and price was ok. Don't buy thier top through ebay. You'll save money at their web site. Cost about $175.00 to have it installed. I've posted pix on the JHP Photo Gallery. JH owners of Minnesota. Good luck John

Posted: 06-07-2006 02:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

How long did it take to receive your top?

Kurt

Last edited on 06-07-2006 02:08 am by Jensen Healey

Posted: 06-07-2006 02:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
jcdean

Kurt,

The following was taken from the email response tonight when I ordered mine from AA Best:

"Thank you for your purchase from the A. A. Best co. We appreciate your business. Shipping estimates are in business days only. Do not count weekends and holidays. With few exceptions, convertible tops ship within 5-10 business days. Bronco, Blazer, Jimmy, Ramcharger and Scout tops and tonneaus ship in 10 to 20 business days. Carpets generally leave in 2-3 business days. 24 hours after orders are shipped you will receive an email with your tracking number.

Your order is being filled with the best product at the best prices that we could find for you.

Best regards, Karl"

Hope that helps,

Joey

Posted: 06-07-2006 12:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
John Finch

IIRC the top arrived in the time frame specified. No instructions or snaps for do it yourselfers, but there is an article on the JHPS re installation and snaps are available at your hardware store or upholstery shop. I decided to have mine installed by pros.

Posted: 06-07-2006 02:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Glad to see we have a reliable vendor for our tops. After my last bout with the weather I will be replacing mine this summer.

Are the rubber seals available for the header rail?

Kurt

Posted: 06-07-2006 06:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
John Finch

Kurt, I bought one from Delta for avout $15.00 but think a guy could find one locally just as easily. My old one came off ok but was pretty well flattend and to soft imho. The installer said to think of the JH conv top as an umbrella. The fit is very good but I tend to agree with his opinion as there are gaps near the velcro door jam/window area, so will try to keep it dry. John

Current time is 11:08 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > New top Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems