Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Front Disc Specs  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-27-2006 07:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jim DeClerck

My front discs look a bit pitted/rusty on the edge of the face.  They measure 0.37" in thickness.  Are they refaceable, or replacement candidates?  See picture...

Attachment: 100_0898a.jpg (Downloaded 327 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-27-2006 10:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Rick Willard

Jim,

Just had my rotors turned last week.  Before going in to get them done, Delta advised that the minimum thickness should be .343.  I had my rotors turned, and had them set the new wheel bearing races into the hubs for the new wheel bearings I was installing.  It was about $17 each for the rotor turn, and another $5 each to set the bearing races).  I also installed rebuilt calipers, new pads, and the new bearings.  In my case, all went VERY well, with good results. 

I'm no expert, but your rotors look reasonable to me.  If you can get them turned, do it.  If not, the cost w/ Delta is not insane - I think about $115 each with exchange.  Good luck!

Rick 

Posted: 05-30-2006 04:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Ron Earp

Anyone know of another source for these things? They have to be common to some car, somewhere, I'm sure.  With solid rotors on a race car their lifetime is measured in hours, and given recent TR8 performance with thicker rotors, I imagine the JH rotors will be very short lived.  Rotors should be farily cheap - we pay about $20-30 each for most rotors we use on various cars.

Thanks,
Ron

Last edited on 05-30-2006 04:13 pm by Ron Earp

Posted: 10-01-2006 10:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
normv

EBC sell disc's for the Healey I have purchased them in Australia so I guess the US shoud have tham as they are in their Catalogue http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Assets/discdrum2005.pdf , They aslo do a selection of brake pad compounds from street to long distance races. http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Assets/EBC06ukautocat.pdf  I have greens and reds which I will be trying in my race car if we ever get it finished (why does every thing have to be custom made?)

Posted: 10-02-2006 08:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Tony Hollart

The EBC catalouge is interesting to see what comes close to the standard JH disc. Do EBC have new discs off the shelf for JH? It would seem that the rear disk off Mazda 1.8 sport  code D1255 rear disc comes close to the JH front disc. Tony H.

Posted: 10-11-2006 11:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
normv

I know the EBC agent in Australia had discs on the shelf but under another brand name,  I suspect they are EBC disc's relabled , they also had the EBC pads on the shelf.

Posted: 10-14-2006 06:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Tony Hollart

Norm,

It would seem you are holding out on the JH club as you have found another love, and its an ELF, at least she is British, but not as pretty as a JH. ( Member of the CCC  of NZ as well  you see, its a small world after all ). Tony H.

Posted: 10-15-2006 11:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
normv

Yes Tony it is a small world. 4 Jensen Healey's are enough at present as they say variety is the spice of life, The car you refer to has now been identified as a modified Goggomobil Dart fitted to a triumph herald chassis and running gear so it is only half British http://users.tpg.com.au/normv/RACECAR/RACECAR.html . But if it is any consolation my first car which I still have was a Morris Cooper S

Current time is 12:57 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > Front Disc Specs Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems