New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Seat Belt Interlock?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-26-2006 03:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
kneff

OK, so here's a strange one.

I went out to start my J-H today and nothing - no click, no starter.  All other electric items (lights, etc.) seem to work fine.  However, the "Fasten Seat Belt" light on the console lights up each time I try to start the car.  I can't remember if that light has always lit up or not, but the car has always started.

The strange thing is, the seat belt interlock didn't work when I bought the car over a year ago.  I replaced the seat belts several months ago, and I pulled out the pressure sensors from the seats.  It started and ran fine up through this weekend.

What can possibly have changed?  How was it NOT a problem until today?

I believe that I know which buzzer is the offending one, and it has an intact 12-prong round plug with all wires intact connected to it.  As far as I can tell, nothing has been modified in the wiring for that buzzer or plug.  Is this the correct connector?  It's on the left side, above and forward of the hood release, on the sidewall of the driver's footwell.

Any ideas?  I was supposed to have someone come over to look at the car tonight, as I need to sell it.  Of course, of all times it wouldn't start tonight.  Again, I haven't touched it since last weekend, and it has started flawlessly for over a year.

Thanks,
Ken

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-26-2006 05:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

You might want to try jumpering pins 11 and 12 on the round plug.

See http://www.jensenhealey.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=518&forum_id=7

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 11:02 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Seat Belt Interlock? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems