Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Convertible Top Frame  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-24-2006 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
jcdean

I will be taking my frame apart in preperation for a new stayfast top.  Any areas of special concern I need to address or recomendations on a preferred method to go about it?  Haven't bought anything yet, so I'm open to try suggestions.

Joey

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-24-2006 03:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Mitch Ware

Take pictures before you take it apart so you can see where all the pieces go, where you need to rivet and where the screws, nuts and bolts go. Other than that, when I did mine it was very straight forward.

Mitch Ware

Posted: 05-24-2006 03:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
jcdean

Thanks Mitch.  I take pictures of my shoes every night so I can remember how to tie the laces the next morning anymore.  Of course, then I have to remember where I put the camera.

Joey

Posted: 11-03-2006 05:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
jcdean

I have the rear flat piece out of the old top and have removed the bulges and bends.  There is still a set to the piece that basically causes both ends to bow in the same direction.

I see advantages to having these installed pointing up (forces the middle back to lay a bit flatter) and down (more of a natural flow following the lines of the car).

Opinions are appriciated.

Posted: 11-03-2006 07:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

Strange as it seems, the anchor bar should have some bends it it in order for the top to sit correctly. I once spend 30 minutes removing all the bends only to realize later that I had to bend it back to where it was originally!

Current time is 07:14 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Convertible Top Frame Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems