Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Mityvac  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-17-2006 11:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jim DeClerck

There are Mityvac tools for evacuating oil. antifreeze, etc., and others for brake bleeding, etc.  I'm considering buying one mainly for changing oil.  A tube is inserted into the dipstick tube and the oil, sludge, etc., is pumped out using the hand operated pump.  It's supposed to do a more thorough evacuation job than simply draining the sump through the drain hole.  There are 2 or 3 models, a 7.3 L and an 8.8 L and maybe another at around 6 L capacity.

Are there any strong opinions out there from people who have used any of these units?  Which model is recommended for speed, ease of use, durability?  The model 7201 8.8 L unit looks the most robust and it can be used to dispense as well as to evacuate.  The dispensing feature would be handy for transfering the used fluids neatly into containers for recycling.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-18-2006 01:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Mark Rosenbaum

Mityvac has had a good reputation for a long time.  I've used only their hand operated vacuum pump but it's a first-rate tool, and I would have no hesitation in buying any of their other products.  (Usual disclaimers.)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 06:58 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Mityvac Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems