Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
e-Bay Spasm Recovery  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-15-2006 05:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
mdutch

My son and I spent this evening weeping uncontrollably.  My JH-19354 is still purring away in the garage, but see . . .  there was this '74 JH (16788), White with black interior on ebay.  Body looked like it was in decent shape, but I just couldn't afford another one.  Wife said "choose wisely."  I've heard that tone before...

So what, right?  No big deal.  It's just another JH.  But this one wasn't in California, or New Jersey, or somplace a couple thousand miles away.  We live in Dallas, and this car was a scant 10mi away in a local 'burb (Carrollton).  Oh the pain.  The self-control.  The sheer energy spent NOT going over to take a look at it. 

Heck, I even e-mailed Greg to ask for an intervention or have my sponsor call me to talk me down.

Well we watched the bidding creep up slowly.  It sold this evening for $2,275 on 4 bids.  Yeah, I know.  It probably has tons of problems.  Keep telling me that.  Maybe the pain will go away soon....

Hope whoever got it knows what they're doing.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-15-2006 03:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Pat Connor

I sympathize I get that feeling everytime I see a Jensen-Healey advertised for 0 to $600.  I just know I could do something with it; make it into a dragster or something other than let it go to the crusher. I console myself by admiring my self control.

Posted: 05-15-2006 05:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
jcdean

The first Jensen I ever had I bought in 1977.  I sold it in 1988.  It is sitting under a tree with the convertible top down and leaves gathering in the floorboards.  I called and if I want it back it is mine.  For free.  They never even had the title changed to their names.  I have no place to put it, short of following my redneck heritage and setting it on blocks next to the refrigerator in the back yard.

I don't know how many JH's are to many, but my wife is thinking one is enough.

Joey

Last edited on 05-15-2006 05:39 pm by jcdean

Posted: 05-15-2006 09:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Pat Connor

One more Jensen, 65 sq. ft. less lawn to mow!

Posted: 05-15-2006 11:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
smcmanus

JC Dean

I have 80 acres.  Where can I pick it up?

Have a good day

Steve

Posted: 05-16-2006 03:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
jdean

It is about a half mile East of Indian Meridian in the very middle of Oklahoma.  The Indian Meridian is where the land run border was, and is also a road splitting East and West Oklahoma in half.  I will be hauling it home at the end of the summer.  I have talked the wife into letting me have a new winter project.  My son and I will fix what is broke and then it will be his.  I have a soft spot in my head, er, heart for these things.

Joey

Posted: 05-16-2006 10:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
smcmanus

I'm in KY so that's out of my combat radius, which keeps shrinking inversely proportional to the cost of diesel fuel.

Have a nice day

Steve

Current time is 12:50 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > e-Bay Spasm Recovery Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems