Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Soft Top Water Leaks  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-04-2006 04:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Frank Schwartz

I wonder if anyone has used and installed, or has a kit that was featured in the Jensen Bulletin  J/H 73-12 for supposedly curing the leaks in the top fittings.  The kit is Part #94029.  I have the Service Bulletin with the instructions afd list of parts and possibly could fabricate the parts if I had more information, etc.   Picture #4 in the copy I have is very poor and if anyone has a good copy of this particular drawing it would be a great help as well.
Thanks.....

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-04-2006 12:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Dave Sollish

I have had good luck making a custom seal for that area using silicone RTV. I first covered the top of the door window and windshield with plastic wrap. Then I packed the silicone into the area of the soft top that makes contact with the window/windshield. I used black silicone as my top is also black. Lock the top down as normal, smooth the silicone squeeze out (like you were caulking a tub) and let cure. Note: when you smooth out the silicone that you need to leave clearance to open the door with the top on so no overhang on the outside of the door. When cured open top, peel away the plastic wrap and you're done!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 11:34 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Soft Top Water Leaks Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems