Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Fuel and Vapor Line Clips  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-21-2006 05:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jim DeClerck

Some PO removed the plastic clips that hold both the fuel line and return vapor line under the car and guide them from front to rear.  There are about 5 of these clips which fit into ~7mm holes drilled into the inside of the frame rail.  They have 2 components, one of which is inserted into the frame hole and the other which then snaps into a hole in the inserted component.  The second component has 2 semi-circular openings, one larger, for the fuel line, and the other smaller for the vapor line.

Delta says these clips have been on long term backorder.  Since mine are missing I need to replace them and am looking for a source.  Any suggestions?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-21-2006 08:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Mitch Ware

Moss motors has them http://www.mossmotors.com I believe they are listed under the fuel or emmision section

Mitch Ware

checked the catalog, part # 589-320 is the single line clip and part # 589-315 is the double line clip

Last edited on 03-21-2006 08:18 pm by Mitch Ware

Posted: 03-22-2006 12:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Harkes

I got brandnew clips from Rejen Sales UK, which is somewhat further than you probably wanted.

good luck

erik, netherlands

Posted: 03-25-2006 12:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jim DeClerck

Mitch and Erik,  Thanks for your notes.  I just came back from San Luis Obispo and stopped in Goleta at Moss Motors along the way.  They're conveniently located just off Hwy 101.  The parts came from the TR6 catalog.  I bought the last 5 double clips they had in stock.  Good thing you gave me the part numbers so they could find the parts faster.  I suggested they cross reference to common parts with the JH.  Interesting place - they have on display MG, Miata, etc., engines equipped with superchargers, nice wood rimmed steering wheels and other attractive stuff.

Posted: 03-27-2006 01:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Jim DeClerck

OK, the new fuel/vapor line double clips are installed.  As usual there was a bit of mystery involved and no instructions accompanied the clips.   Each clip has 2 parts, a plastic insert that goes into the hole in the frame section and the plastic line clip which plugs into the plastic insert.  When you buy the clips the 2 components are stuck/molded together as one unit.  In order to use them you must first separate the 2 components.  Cutting a groove with a knife where the 2 components are attached makes it easier to separate them.  Then the insert can be pushed into the hole in the frame and the line clip can be inserted into the hole in the center of the insert.  Finally, the lines can be snapped into the clip.  Is anything straight forward with these machines?

Posted: 03-27-2006 06:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Harkes

:)  i had the very same problems when i got them. I thought i had the wrong ones at first, then found out i could cut them into 2 parts. Rest after that was easy...

good luck

erik, netherlands

Current time is 06:25 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Fuel and Vapor Line Clips Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems