Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Buzzer!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-17-2006 02:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
colinw59

I hate electrical stuff, I can't see it and although it's pure logic I think you have to use the other side of you brain to understand it! I'm nearing the end of a gound up restoration and when I connect the battery I get a constant low volume buzz from the infamous friggin' warning buzzer. Also the 'Seat Belt ' warning bulb is getting a few volts and is lit but dim. If I disconnect this bulb or if I disconnect the two bullet  connection wires from their connector (puple I think and 12V positive) that go to the cigarette lighter, the buzzer goes to full volume. I don't have power to the left interior light door switch. I know that these two circuits are connected and wonder if the problem is here. This car has 3 wires to the l/door switch. Two puple/pink and one black. The black one goes to the interior light, one of the other two is positive 12V and the other goes to the buzzer circuit, I think! The seats and belts are not in yet and the bullet connections for the pressure switch and belt are not connected.

Does anyone out there have any idea what's going on here. Should I disconnect the buzzer and if so how?   

http://jhppg.com/gallery/74-Jensen-Healey-15851  

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-20-2006 05:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
MBryga

I had this problem. It was somewhat intermittent, and had nothing to do with seatbelt interlock. It seamed to occur whenever I re-connected the battery (I never left it sit for more than a week connected). If I did let let it sit, I would go out to the garage one day and it would be buzzing - I also frequently had a dead battery. I finally bought a NOS 'logic unit' from the UK - $2.75 + $7.25 S&H or something like that - they had lots - I see them on eBay every once and a while. No problems since I replaced the unit. I concluded the problem probably had something to do with 30 year analog 'logic' - perhaps a capaciter that was supposed to hold a charge and was leaking.

Posted: 03-30-2006 01:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
colinw59

I replaced the buzzer box/module with a used one I had from a"grab bag" of bits I got on Ebay a while ago. I changed it early this morning and problem solved. I was assuming that it was a wiring/short problem, but the real problem was mush easier to solve, just two screws and connector.

Current time is 02:05 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Buzzer! Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems