Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > 2006 Jensen Nationals Web Site

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

This years Nationals have there Web site up and running, check it out.

Always a great time with great people, and you get to put a face on all those names we keep seeing, C-you there.

Brett.

http://www.nccnet.org/public/pages/index.cfm?pageid=347

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Update..............

Hello all:

This is just to let everyone know that the tornados that hit Springfield

should have little effect on our event. We checked with the hotel and they

did not have any damage. The damage was at the other end of the city.

Springfield may not be as pretty as it usually is and have some damage, but

most if not al of the historical sites were NOT hit.

We have added another section to the web page

(http://www.nccnet.org/public/pages/index.cfm?pageid=347)showing door/raffle

donors, check it out.

The schedule is not completely set yet but we are going to Springfield next

weekend to try and get several things finalized so we can give you a more

accurate schedule. Check the website regularly.

If you haven't sent in your entry yet or made your room reservation there is

no time like the present.

We are looking forward to seeing you in June.

Barb& Glenn

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Another update, get those cars ready to rock and roll......................

Hi everyone - just wanted to give you an update since our last planning trip to Springfield.

Tornado damage - all historic sites are fine, as is our hotel. Actually, most of Springfield is unscathed. Unfortunately, our restaurant for horseshoe/ponyshoe night was destroyed. An alternate is in the works.

The barbeque has been booked for Thursday night. It is at the Springfield Motor Boat Club, which is a private club on Lake Springfield. If all goes right, we will have a pontoon boat available for some sightseeing on the lake.

The car show is still not final, but will be on Saturday, probably late morning/early afternoon.

We did the tour of the Dana-Thomas house and it is spectacular. Also did the new Lincoln Presidential Museum and it too is spectacular. Both must sees in our book.

Auction items are coming in - a great selection already! Check the website for a listing of donors. This will be updated as we receive additional donations.

We have the prototype of the trophies and are really excited about them. We like them so much that we are having one made for ourselves as a keepsake of planning this event.

We plan to go down again this month to finalize the car show and complete the Route 66 tour and the Land of Lincoln Rally/Tour.

We promise another update soon…

Barb & Glenn

P.S. Remember to check the website for schedule changes and to download your entry form.

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

New update.

Dear Jensen Enthusiasts -

Plans for the Jensen Nationals East are coming along well.

If you have not sent in your registration or made your hotel reservations, now is the time to do it! Registration goes up to $105.00 on May 5th and any unreserved rooms will be released on May 14.

We are in need of volunteers to take digital pictures throughout the event. If you have a digital camera and would be willing, please let us know.

We are continuing to receive donations of raffle/auction items, so hopefully everyone will be able to go home with their own personal "treasure."

We realize that gas prices may be a concern, but when we were in Springfield two weeks ago, BP and Shell regular were at $2.769. This is about $0.20 less than Chicago and from what we can determine, significantly less than other parts of the country. Let's hope prices don't go too much higher!

Please check the web site periodically for updates and the registration and hotel information (http://www.nccnet.org/public/pages/index.cfm?pageid=347).

We are looking forward to seeing you in June.

Barb & Glenn

jcdean

Link is not working for me.  This is the link I have bookmarked:

http://www.nccnet.org/public/pages/index.cfm?pageid=347

Joey

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Thanks Joey, your correct for some reason that last post has a bad link.

Mitch Ware

because it has a ")." as part of the link.

Mitch Ware

Art DeKneef

Brett,

Your link includes the closing parenthesis and a period. Edit them out and it will work.

Art

jcdean

Did anyone make the Nationals?

Would love to hear how it was and see any photo's

Joey

Jay

I was also interested to know how things went. Any comments?

Scott Robinson

Well, that was special. I just spent the better part of an hour writing a long account of the event and lost it all when the photo I attached was too big. When the bounce notice came back the text was gone. Next time I'll type long replys in Word and copy and paste.

So since I'm at work, here's a much shorter reply: I had a great time. I think most everyone did. Barb and Glenn did a fantastic job. There's a whole lot of work goes into putting on a 3-day event. They had everything well covered.

18+ cars: 11 J-Hs, 1 GT, 6 Interceptors including a spectacular RHD FF. All show quality (except for my car). The hosts will post some portion of the 100+ photos I took plus photos from other contributors on the Nat East site soon. The pictures tell the car story, but the people were just as important. Cool cars and cool people.

Be sorry you missed it.

Mike Linn

Nationals were fantastic.  As Scott indicated, a great place to see old friends, and enjoy some really good company.  The days were well scheduled, everything ran smoothly, and I do believe, in spite of some individual vehicle difficulties, we all managed to laugh, enjoy jensens, and each other.

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

The East Coast Nationals were a Blast, Barb & Glenn did a super job, Rally's, Tours, Food & Drink, great people and great cars.

I believe Barb is going to organize some pictures and post them with a bit of a write up on there Web site, so check back there every once in awhile.

Brett.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems