Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Replacing Bushings/ Rear Susp. Arms

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Replacing Bushings/ Rear Susp. Arms  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 01-08-2006 09:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
nvandal

Folks,

Replaced the bushing in my rear suspension arms. I stumbled on a good way to get the old bshings out. I cut the rubber out using a hole saw on a drill press. Cut in from both sides. The rubber heats up a bit, but no problem. I you " worry " the hole a bit larger by tilting the suspension arm in a number planes and directions you encounter less heat and friction and the " plug " will come out easier. Once the rubber and inside steel bushing was out, I used a sawzall to cut slots in the outer steel bushing in two places 180 degrees apart. Cut just through the bushing. Be careful not to cut the arm. You could do this with a hacksaw, but the sawzall blade leaves a wider slot which lets the bushing come out easier. I then whacked the bushings out with a hammer and a large socket as a " press". I'd say each bushing took about 10 minutes to get out, start to finish.

Thanks to Mark R. for putting me on the correct path. I used Delta's bushings.

Norm Vandal

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 06:24 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Replacing Bushings/ Rear Susp. Arms Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems