Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Parts Cars  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 01-07-2006 11:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
LambandAndy

It's amazing what you might find cruising around the North Georgia countryside!

Two JH's sitting on the side of the road!  Apparently they belong to someone's estate and I'm still trying to contact the guy managing it but was thinking of making an offer.  I need a few bits and pieces for my car but if anyone else is interested in any parts I could make a better offer.

The red car (S/N 10970) is 95% complete but has the usual rust in the fenders etc but, if someone had a lot more time on their hands than I do, it could probably be restored.  Fore and aft chassis members look good but some rust in the floor.  Engine S/N is 1102 which still makes it a MK 1.  It has original air intake (which I seem to remember someone was looking for), hood has some surface rust but is straight.  Full set of gauges but dash has some damage.  Odometer reads 55169 miles.  The gas tank has been removed (possibly the reason it was parked??) but the engine looks like if you cleaned out the carbs, changed the oil and put in some fresh gas it would run.  License tag is 1987 which is probably the last time it was on the road.

The white car (S/N 18540) has no engine/transmision and the dash is removed.  Front bumper is straight but rear has some damage but may be salvageable.  Front/rear suspension are still there so maybe some parts someone could use.  Hood again is straight with some surface rust.

Windshields are good on both cars as are original factory wheels (5 per).  I was told they were both stored in a barn up until a month ago when they were put out on the side of the road.

If anyone is interested either reply on the message board or E-mail me at limey01@aol.com.  They are only a few miles from my house so I could find out more or take more pics if anyone wants information on a specific part.

Andy    #15223

Attachment: 100_2216w.jpg (Downloaded 320 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 01-08-2006 12:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Judson Manning

Andy,

I need a hood to complete the bodywork on my E-prod car.  Come to think of it, 13492 could also use a new windshield as well.  Let me know if you decide to make an offer, maybe 3 or 4 of us could go in as a joint-venture?

Judson

770-595-7896

Posted: 01-11-2006 06:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Ron Earp

If orginal air intake with snorkel that runs to front of car, yes, I would be intersested in that piece.

Ron

Posted: 01-11-2006 10:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
John J

I would be interested in a lot, lots of the chrome pieces, inside and out. Also  asorted under hood hardware.

Posted: 01-12-2006 09:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
LambandAndy

Ron,

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Andy

Attachment: 100_2222W.jpg (Downloaded 248 times)

Posted: 01-14-2006 10:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
LambandAndy

Well I made the guy an offer for both cars based on the parts that I want but he seems to think he can get more selling them on Ebay.

I also found out that the '73 was indeed parked because of a gas tank leak but while it was sitting in the yard it was submerged in close to two feet of water.  Since then it has sat for twenty years so if any water got in the motor/gearbox/rear axle then those items are probably scrap along with brakes etc.

If anyone else is interested I would be glad to find out more info.

Andy

Posted: 07-17-2006 05:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
LambandAndy

Well I just went by these two cars still sitting on the side of the road.  Since I need a part to get mine running again I was going to see if the guy would come down on his price.

Anyone else still interested in any parts?

Andy  #15223

Posted: 07-17-2006 10:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
LambandAndy

As an add on to my previous message, if anyone who is interested could e-mail me(limey01@aol.com) with $$ amounts, it would help me to make this guy a reasonable offer.  The parts that I need are not worth what he is asking.

Andy

Posted: 11-12-2007 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
LambandAndy

It seems that the owner of these two cars feels that I misrepresented their condition in my prevoious posts on this web site.  In order to correct this I will quote the parts of his e-mail to me that are relevant, and by using his words, there will be no further discrepancies.

"First off- the red car IS restorable, it has NOT been flooded as you state- which implies the ENGINE was flooded- as I told you on the telephone, the yard my Dad had these sitting in did flood once, that is WHY they were moved- at the time the yard flooded, the water only got into the floorpans, up to one inch above the bottom of door opening, it got the very bottom of seat cushions wet, and of course the floor pans, and drained out after about 20 minutes- it was NOT flooded two feet into car as you have erroneously stated. The car was wet vacked and dryed out, then placed into INSIDE SECURE STORAGE at UNCLE BOBS storage facilty for the remainder of the time ( from 1987 on) until 2005, at which time I had to clear out 27 vehichles that my dad had stored in storage- this car and the parts car were taken via flatbed trailer to a friends shop- up by where you live, where they sat , under a tarp for one almost a year. I am clueless where you got info either of these cars were ever stored in some BARN somewhere.

I have since had them moved to my 14 acre farm property here in Southeast Georgia, about one hour from Savannah.

I have had the red car looked at by a mechanic, and the engine indeed does need the oil drained and replaced, carbs cleaned, and new gasoline- not to mention the gas tank needs to be put back in."

Andy

Posted: 11-12-2007 08:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Sander

Thanks for the correction Andy.  Now I'm really not interested in these cars.

Current time is 03:10 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Parts Cars Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems