Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > REAR UPPER SUSP ARMS--2 Types???

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
REAR UPPER SUSP ARMS--2 Types???  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-31-2005 08:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
nvandal

Folks,

I stripped two cars a while ago, one a 73 and the other a 75 five speed. Today as I was media blasting all the arms, upper and lower, I notice I had two designs of upper arms ( those that attach to the differential case. ). I have two of each. One set has a tang that is welded from the bushing sleeve ( toward front of car ) area to the underside of the arm. this would certainly add some lateral strength. The other set has none. My question is do I have two pairs that are different from one another, or do I have a right and a left that differ in each pair ( is this clear???)

Can someone tell me which it is and when/ why this change? The manual says and shows nothing.

Merci beaucoup, et joxeux Anne,

Norm Vandal

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 01-01-2006 03:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
SportsRodder

I believe the reinforced pair are from the '75 and as long as the center to center distance of the bolt holes is the same it would be best to use the stronger pair.

Posted: 01-01-2006 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Mark Rosenbaum

If it's a factory change, it would have been done very late.  Can you post photos?

Posted: 01-02-2006 10:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
nvandal

Mark,

I can't do photos right now; camera's on the fritz.

Anyhow,

I don't know how to do it on this site. Where do the photos go? How do I load them??

Norm Vandal

Posted: 01-02-2006 02:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Mark Rosenbaum

Norm,
You can attach one photo to each message you post.  Simply have the photo at some location on your computer, click on the Browse button below the text entry screen.  A search screen will open.  Just thumb through your computer's hard drive until you locate the photo.  Click on the Open button in the search screen and the photo will become attached to your post.

For multiple photos, use the JHP Photo Gallery, which has a conveniently placed clickie thing on this very page.  The JHP site should contain complete instructions to post your photos, and there's a real live human of  whom you can ask questions, should problems arise.  Or you could just email him the photos and let him do all the "hard" work....

Sorry to hear about your camera.  I bought a decent digital one via eBay less than a year ago and am now wondering how I ever did without one.  I don't need it often, but when I do, it's invaluable.

Current time is 11:52 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > REAR UPPER SUSP ARMS--2 Types??? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems