Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Fritzy Tachometer  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-16-2017 03:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
Tom Bradley

I assume then, that everything was put together correctly and working originally. If the rev reading goes up to 3000 and then has a hard stop it might be something has come loose inside the tach and is blocking movement. Easy to happen since it probably has the SPIDA conversion inside or something like it. If it is more of a soft limit my guess would be electrical in nature like the low signal level mentioned above. This might simply be due to a bad electrical contact somewhere along the line. If the 12V or GND lines going to the tach are loose, rusty or corroded, that could be the source of the problem. The 12V line I would especially check since it was not originally designed in and may not have been connected up very well.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-12-2019 07:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
browndog9

I just redid my tach because of conversion to petronix 2. The job was made difficult only because some of the instructions were online and some in the packet with the spydia board.
The wiring going into and out of the tach is white with a gray stripe. It goes completely out of the tach altogether and to pos on coil.
You must run a new wire from tach pickup (female connection on tach) to the neg terminal of coil. Switched side.
A few soldering points as described in instructions (easy)
And then a cell phone to calibrate. Which is easy and cool.
Good luck.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 08:31 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Fritzy Tachometer Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems