Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Radio block off plate  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-16-2005 10:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
edward_davis

Does anyone have a picture of a factory radio blockoff plate?  Is it possible to buy these or reproductions?  Are there any good alternatives?  I've decided that I don't need my radio, since my JH sings me such a sweet song on her own.  Can't hear the radio over the engine/ road noise anyway.  Also, antenna block-offs?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-17-2005 02:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

I've not seen any block-offs for the radio or antenna. For the radio, I would imagine creating something wouldn't be too difficult. Finding an elegant mounting solution may be a little tricky. Maybe something that would press fit into the tuner holes for easy removal when you change your mind later.

The antenna part would be more difficult. First, you would need to configure a cover plate with a screw stud on the back, find an appropriate gasket, and then tighten it from inside the fender. A press fit cover probably could be made, but ensuring the gasket was tight to prevent water from getting inside might be a concern. Of course you could weld in a piece of metal to seal it off forever. Or until you change your mind.

Art

Posted: 12-17-2005 03:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Tony Hollart

I looked for a simple blanking plate to cover over where the radio was to go. In the end I did put in a radio but have not bothered about connecting it up to anything. A radio fits the holes and firms the whole panel up. An old radio is hardly appealing to anyone to pinch, when you see the type of electronics that is available in modern vehicles it is bewildering. As you pointed out a Jensen not only sings, it can move you to singing, you dont need GPS becuase you have 360 degrees of vision. Tony H.

Posted: 12-17-2005 03:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Mark Rosenbaum

Here's the only photo I have on the radio blanking plate.  Nothing that shows the back side, I'm afraid.  According to the photo title, it measures 6.375" horizontally by 1.75" vertically and is made of aluminum.  Apparently there are two pins on the back.  Presumably these would press into sockets of some sort that, perhaps, would have pressed into the holes for the radio's knobs.

Attachment: radio blanking plate 6.375x1.75 alum 2 pins.jpg (Downloaded 77 times)

Current time is 09:06 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Radio block off plate Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems