New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
907 mounting brackets?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-07-2005 06:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
thurman

Hi All,

I have a 907 from a JH that is going into a Lotus replica. I have the intake side motor mount, but not the exhaust side. I note that there is a bracket that goes in between the motor mount and the engine on the intake side. Is this bracket considered a part of the mount? Does someone have a spare exhaust side bracket to sell? I am also missing the trans mount. Is there a bracket associated with that mount as well? I am thinking of joining the JHPS even though I don't own a JH. The site mentions that there is a 907 rebuilding series available to members. Is this series detailed enough to allow an experienced mechanic to tear down and reassemble the 907?

Regards,
Thurman in Maryland.

Ps... Any members in the Washington DC area that would like to show off their car?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-08-2005 11:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Judson Manning

Check the JHP photo gallery...

http://jhppg.com/gallery/album08/Completed_Engine

Posted: 12-09-2005 01:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Esprit2

Thurman,

There's a lot of Lotus activity around DC and all over the east coast.   If you hook up with some J-H folk,  great.   But also consider looking for a local Lotus club out there for help with your 907.   I can give you some leads if you wish.    Also consider subscribing to some of the Lotus related mailing lists on YahooGroups for more support.   Try the Lotus-cars,  S1/S2/S3Owners (naturally aspirated Esprits)  and Turboesprit mailing lists.

This JHPS forum is a great resource.   But since you are working on a replica of a non J-H car,  don't get too stuck on using all J-H parts.   Looking at the Lotus cars that also used the 907 engine may give you some other parts options to build with.   Motor mounts for instance.   The J-H,  Elite, Eclat and early Esprit mounts were all problematic and short lived.   But the Turbo Esprit mounts are excellent.   Design around the Turbo parts and you won't get so much practice replacing mounts later.

Tim

Posted: 12-09-2005 12:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
thurman

Thanks Tim.  I have focused on JH parts because of the rear drive design of the JH.  The transmission mount for example, can't come from an Esprit.  But I also have an interest in the Jensen Healey itself beyond it's value as a parts source.  Thats why I asked if any JH owners are local.  I will try the Lotus lists as well for 907 support.

regards,

thurman

Posted: 12-09-2005 02:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

I probably have the parts you need. Contact me off list. klhoush@comcast.net

Kurt Housh

Posted: 12-11-2005 01:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Esprit2

thurman wrote: Thanks Tim.  I have focused on JH parts because of the rear drive design of the JH.  The transmission mount for example, can't come from an Esprit. (Snip)...
Thurman,

The Lotus  Elite and Eclat are front engine/ rear drive with independent rear suspension.   They're reasonably priced and project cars are quite inexpensive.   They're only suggested as options...  the J-H will do just fine.

As I mentioned before,  I suggest doing something more creative than installing the front J-H engine, Elite, Eclat or early Esprit engine mounts.   If you have to do some fabricating anyway,  you may as well end up with something more substantial.   The only reason I mentioned the Turbo Esprit was to suggest that you look at the rubber components of it's front engine mounts.   They're a much better solution.

Good luck

Tim

Last edited on 12-11-2005 01:09 am by Esprit2

Current time is 09:02 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > 907 mounting brackets? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems