Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Pictures of FRont Sway Bar  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-02-2005 10:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Ron Earp

Anyone have some pictures of how the front swat bar mounts?  I'm trying to hook mine up and cannot remember how the dang thing bolts up! Thanks,

Ron

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-02-2005 10:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Mark Rosenbaum

Check out Mitch Ware's postings on the JHP photo site at
http://jhppg.com/gallery/album27
as well as his JH website.  Also, do recall that the mounts on the front lower arms must face the rear.

Posted: 12-03-2005 01:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Mitch Ware

Well, perhaps not the best example, that photo only shows how it hooks up to the "frame rails" of the unibody.

the sway bar has two verticle links that go from the back of the lower control arms to the front ends of the sway bar (one on each side of the car). From there the sway bar connects to the front lower edge of the two frame rails of the unibody. These connections are made through a plate that is held onto the frame rail by a U-bolt that is inserted through each rail.

I have no idea how mentally ill I must have been to start the restoration of a TR6 for my wife so soon after I got the JH on the road. But the impact has been that I haven't even gotten around to putting the front and rear sway bars, or uprated springs, on my JH yet.

Tomorrow I am putting the JH out at my friends shop for winter storage where I will be able to get around to the projects that really need to be addressed. Such as a valve adjustment, pulling the steering rack to send it out for a rebuild, installation of the sway bars, etc.

I tell you one thing, almost every aspect of restoring a JH is easier and cheaper than doing a TR6. And you end up with a better car!

Mitch Ware
1974 Jensen Healey JH5 #111119670
1971 Triumph TR6 #CC66950LO

Posted: 12-03-2005 06:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Ron Earp

I didn't see what I needed, I need a photo of detail on the bar mounting to the lower arm.

I should put some pictures on that site I think, how does one go about doing it?

R

Posted: 12-05-2005 07:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Harkes

Ron,

i have the sway bar at home as well but i haven't mounted it yet. I have to put engine/gearbox/subframe in first. What i do have is the instructions Delta included with the sway bar. I can make a picture of it and upload it to you..would that work for you?
What i did do already is welding 2mm stainless steel U-profiles over the frame where the front sway bar will be mounted to. Some reinforcement there is not a bad idea, i know Mitch did the same.

cheers

erik

Last edited on 12-05-2005 07:36 am by Harkes

Posted: 12-05-2005 03:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
SportsRodder

When installing the Delta sway bar be sure to locate the location of the frame holes with the front springs loaded to ride hight attach the links and bar to the control arms and then locate the where to drill the holes. 

Current time is 05:29 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Pictures of FRont Sway Bar Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems