New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Cheapie Top  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-10-2005 06:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
LambandAndy

http://www.convertibletopguys.com/cgi-local/displaycat.cgi?cat=416

According to their web site these guys have been in business for 30 years and offer the same Haartz fabric (with five year warranty) that everyone else is using.

Snaps were not included and I made the mistake of using the Ace harware variety which are not strong enough to hold down the rear corners.  I will buy some better quality ones from the marine store next time I'm in the big city.

I'm not sure what is expected for fit but I thought it went on pretty well.

Picture attached.

Andy #15223

PS.  Is there any way to attach more than one picture?

Attachment: 100_2059.JPG (Downloaded 131 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-10-2005 09:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
John Finch

Is the one in the picture vinal or cloth? Did it come with (clear) instructions. How long did it take you to install? Anything other than snaps required ie velcro strips. How well does it seal out wind noise? Had the opportunity to drive it in the rain or over 70mph? Do the rear side flaps stay put at high speed? Thanks

Posted: 11-11-2005 02:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
LambandAndy

Top is vinyl.

Top came with no instructions but I think it was Greg wrote a pretty good installation guide on this site.  It did not come with snaps or the mating half for the velcro although it was installed on the top.

Installation, once we had cleaned and painted the frame, took maybe 3 hours.  It took an extra 2-3 hours to stitch new velcro onto the metal strips and reinstall them on the car and frame.

I guess, since I can't hear the wind noise above the road and engine noise, it seals out pretty good (I also have an exhaust leak at the header).  I have not driven it in the rain yet.

Flaps stay in place, I think largely due to new velcro.

Andy #15223

Current time is 01:18 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Cheapie Top Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems