Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > 2 Cold Start Valves?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
2 Cold Start Valves?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 10-22-2005 08:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
BILLBEN

While waiting for my engine head to come back from the machine shop, due to the dreaded timing belt slippage, I've been looking at and cleaning up some of the parts I had to remove to pull the head. 

I only have a cold start valve assembly, and the attendant choke cable, on the front carburator.  Where the cold start valve would be on the rear carburator, the holes are just filled up with RTV, and the emission control valve is mounted there.  My question is this:  Should there be a second cold start valve with a split choke cable, similar to the Triumph TR6 or dispite the fact that the RTV looks very unfactory-like, is this the way it should be?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

HEIDI-BILL-B@ATT.NET

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-22-2005 09:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Gary Martin JH 15371

Bill, The factory Stromberg setup only uses a start enrichment valve on the front carb. So there is only one choke cable. There is a hose that runs from near the front valve to the rear carb providing enriched fuel to the rear carb. So in fact both carbs are choked from the one valve. On my car the rear carb has nothing where this valve would be on the front carb. Holes are not drilled out. Someone may have replaced your rear carb with another front carb and filled the holes.

See the Single Choke vs Double Choke thread under carburetor section. More details there.

Gary

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 09:01 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > 2 Cold Start Valves? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems