Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Where is the engine number?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Where is the engine number?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 10-16-2005 09:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
tjmurphey

My car's ID plate on the door says it is SR# 12634, built in 8/8/73.  However, the car has a Getrag (sp.) 5-speed in it.  So, I want to know where to find the engine number.  I guess I should check the chassis number while I'm at it too.  So, where can I find that too?  Thanks 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-16-2005 11:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

The car's ID number can also be found on a plate in front of the radiator, on the driver side of the dash, (viewable through the window), and stamped on the rail inside the engine compartment on the drivers side below the brake valve.  The rail location will probably be covered with paint.

The engine number is located on top of the block behind the head. The numbers will be stamped on the block. You'll need to moved some wires and probably clean the area before you can see the numbers.

Of course, a previous owner could have swapped doors. The 5-speed was probably installed by a previous owner also.

Art

Posted: 10-17-2005 02:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
mike92782

According to Richard Calver, I found the following information for the ID number you have provided:

Chasis Number: 1110/12634

Engine Number: B73.04.2725

Body Colour: White

Completed: 5.6.73

Mike

Current time is 06:24 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Where is the engine number? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems