New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
KYB SHOCK #s  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 10-10-2005 11:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
nvandal

Hello,

Can anyone give me the correct KYB parts numbers for front and rear shocks? I have an account with a parts store that sells KYB but they couldn't get the numbers. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Norm Vandal

Roxbury, VT

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-11-2005 12:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Judson Manning

The shocks Delta sells are actually modified KYB units, so there is no direct drop-in part number.  At roughly $50ea they're a pretty good deal.  The Bilsteins available at JHPS are more expensive, but you get what you pay for....

Posted: 10-11-2005 01:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
nvandal

Do you have the parts numbers for these KYB shocks? Also, any idea of the modification? I figure if one person can do this, then I can too! It's likely that it's only on the attachments and not on the shock body itself. If anyone has a set accessible, can you look at the numbers stamped on the shocks for me. Thanks,

Norm Vandal

Posted: 10-11-2005 03:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Mark Rosenbaum

I have no information on the KYB shocks that fit the rear of the car.

For the KYB front shocks I bought recently from Delta, the part number on the box was KG5501, which goes to a Chevy Corvette rear, 1963-1982.  Delta's modification seems to involve changing the metal sleeve in the upper bushing to a longer one that fits the JH crossmember, and perhaps also changing the lower bushing.  I'd guess that the cost of these modifications (parts and labor and setup, amortized) would be around $7-$10 per shock.

According to the flyer for Delta's most recent sale, which ended on 31 August, each front shock sold for $74.95 list / $59.95 sale, and each rear shock sold for $60.75 / $47.95.  The on-sale price seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Current time is 04:59 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > KYB SHOCK #s Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems