Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Side Marker Lights  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 10-06-2005 12:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Lawrence Tod

I need a set of side marker light for 11211.

Delta has the rear available and the front are back ordered.

British Masters says they have both front and back but are
"Side Marker Assembles- with new rubber (not exactly the same as factory, but very good) $45 ea."

Any body have any thought on this matter, like you bought a pair yourself from British Masters and they look identical.

Or should I get the rears from Delta and wait for the front to materialze.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-06-2005 05:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
andrewo

Do you need the whole thing, or just the rubber? I called Delta thinking I needed a whole assembly, and they saved me a lot of money by just selling me the rubber that I could put my old lenses and electrical stuff in. Apparently, the old shape is no longer available whether you buy the rubber or the whole assembly. The new rubber is a uniform thickness from end to end, rather than the somewhat wedge shaped pattern of the old one.

If I can find my digital camera (don't ask) I can send pictures of the old lenses in new rubber.

Andrew

Posted: 10-06-2005 05:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Lawrence Tod

andrewo

I need all 4 side marker lights complete.
JH 11211 was a complete basket case when I aquired her about 2 years ago. She had been parked for about 20 years.
I probably should have looked for a better Car and used mine for parts but I live in Grenada so....everything comes by Ocean freight. Therefore shipping is enourmous.

Yes a picture at a reasonably close range would be greatly appreciated. I know roughly what they are supposed to look like from the "Gallery" , but none of those pics are close ups of the side marker lights.

If I had a photo I coulds ask brithish masters to send photo of side markers they are offering for sale and compare to your photo.

Thanks for the offer

Lawrence

Posted: 10-06-2005 08:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Mark Rosenbaum

In Grenada, do folks drive on the left or right side of the road?

Judging from its photos at the JHP site, your car appears to be a European LHD model without any provision for side marker lights.  Is this correct?  And if it is, do you really want the US-style lights, or would you be more inclined toward the European-style ones?

With only minor variations, the marker lights used on the JH were also found on MGs, Triumph Spitfires, and other British cars of the period.  Due to the high volumes involved, these lights, and their individual components, are still fairly easy to come by.  US-style lights show up on eBay fairly often, so if you don't mind doing a bit of hunting, you should be able to find suitable parts for much less than the US$45 each that you mentioned.  On the other hand, if time is critical, your best bet might well be to buy from British Masters.

I've attached a good closeup of a US-style light for your perusal.  The rubber part of the light in the photo has rotted due to age, so don't be put off by its appearance.  Unfortunately I don't have a photo of the Euro-style lights for comparison.

Attachment: sidemarker.jpg (Downloaded 51 times)

Posted: 10-07-2005 12:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Lawrence Tod

Mark

As usual you have come to my rescue where it pertains to anything Lucas.
Thanx for the photo .I will forward to British Masters to ascertain if the original side marker lights are available or if the replacement lights they have are a close approximation.

In answer to your Questions:
In Grenada we drive on the left.
My car was originally from New York (I discovered this from Calver), and that was substantiated by the 1979 new york registration sticker.
So yes I really do want the North american side marker lights. That said , it is therefore not a big deal that you do not have a euro side marker light photo available.

Time is not critical I'm only forty. But my personality does not really lend itself to ebay. I'm more of a "tell me how much you want for it" kinda fella.

Thanks
Lawrence

Posted: 10-07-2005 01:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Larry, If you have trouble there is a guy in NY state that sell's Brit stuff, he has a scrap yard full of LBC's and has about 7 JH's in all states of disrepair, only problem is all the cars are sitting out in a field, and the NY winters can be bruttal, I do know he sold a set of markers to a freind of mine for about the same price as British Masters, also keep in mind the front markers are yellowy organge colored and the rears are red. No affiliation blah blah blah.

British Auto, (315)-986-3097, Macedon NY.

Brett.

Posted: 10-07-2005 11:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Dan Collier

Larry, I've got a complete LH and RR Marker Light Assy. from a 74 I could let go for $15 plus S&H. I'll send you photos if your interested.

Dan Collier
JH74 14381 2.2L
Jensen-Healey Preservation Photo Gallery

Posted: 10-10-2005 11:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
nvandal

Hello,

On my car the front and rears are the same. The Jensen lights differ fron AH Sprite and MG Midget in that the rubber backing tapers in thickness on the Jensen lights. I believe if you look you'll find they're the same front and back. I fact, I have one in hand and the rubber backing is marked LH FRONT  RH REAR.

The taperd Jensen backing plates in ggod shape are hard to find, especially in hot areas where they dry and crack. by the way, the Lucas # on the lense if L 841.

Good Luck,

Norm Vandal

Current time is 09:53 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Side Marker Lights Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems