Home 

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
nvandal

Is there anyone out there who's done a four to five speed conversion ( stock 5 speed/ not Supra ) that I could converse with about the process. What are the caveats, the modifications, the parts I absolutely need, etc. I'd prefer talking by phone because things come up in convrsation that sometimes don't in emails.

So, if you've done it or are familiar with the process, and ig I may call you, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Norm Vandal

StabnSteer

Just look about 8 topics below this one on the list and you'll find everything you wanted to know! :o)

nvandal

Not really. The article is about putting in a Toyota five speed, not the stock Jensen 5 speed. I'd like to find someone who has installed a five speed from a late 74 or 75 into an earlier 4 speed car. There's got to be someone out there.....

Norm Vandal

Judson Manning

Norm,

There's no magic when it comes to swapping the 4sp for the Getrag 235/5sp.  The only 'hard' thing is adding a hole in the transmission tunnel behind the shift opening for the 5sp shifter assembly mount.

The speedo cables are different, but other than that, nothing has to be done to complete the swap.  Of course unless you install the 3.45 Rear end, your speedo will be off by ~8%.

Judson

Last edited on 10-07-2005 02:52 pm by Judson Manning

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems