Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Fuel Tank  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 02-14-2023 11:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
azvat1

I recently had my fuel tank removed, cleaned and painted as part of an attempt to eliminate the fuel odor in the boot.  The hoses and gaskets were all replaced at this time.  The odor is now gone in the boot, but the tank appears to be venting from the vent line that exits below the boot.During the repair, the "pressure valve" JH #90411 was found to be defective and replaced by a metal disc that accepted the same connections.
A search for #90411 came back as no longer available.
I believe that the tank is venting because this valve is missing.
Has anyone found a replacement or another solution to eliminate the tank venting when the car is parked?
Thanks

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 02-15-2023 06:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
redracer

azvat: the later tanks had 3 nozzles coming out where the pressure relief valve is. The one on the back side(i.e. [looking at the tank from the trunk] nearest the front of the car) goes to the charcoal cannister by the battery. The tube
nearest you was added to the later tanks for the "anti-siphon" hose that goes to a fuel "T" on the TOP of the tank from the fuel pump. THERE IS A ONE-WAY BRASS TUBE, ABOUT THE SIZE OF A 22 BULLET, WITH A STEEL BALL INSIDE IT, LOCATED MAYBE 2" FROM THE "T"--DO NOT THROW THE OLD HOSE AWAY UNTIL YOU REMOVE THAT VALVE.
The 3rd tube is from the pressure relief valve and usually goes to the breather tube on the top of the left side axle tube.
If you want a GOOD pressure relief valve, I have plenty of used ones.
regards, bruce

Posted: 02-15-2023 06:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
azvat1

Hi Bruce,
Unfortunately, the old hose was discarded during the work.
I would be happy to purchase a pressure relief valve from you.
Please contact me at azvat@yahoo.com with instructions on how to order and pay for this part.
Many thanks,
Ralph

Current time is 08:18 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Fuel Stuff > Fuel Tank Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems