Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Markings from Engine Builder?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Markings from Engine Builder?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-21-2022 11:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
WhatsUpDOHC

Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum recognizes these markings on the block - Not what they refer to but who made them. I'm thinking that they are from the engine builder or whoever installed the cams and pistons.

I had to crop the picture down so much in order to attach it. I'm sure that you can recognize it but it's the area under the starter location and below the distributor on the passenger side of the block.

Does anyone recognize these or who has had an engine built with similar markings?

I'm still trying to pull together the history of the car.

Thanks,

Mark

Attachment: Builder Markings - Small.jpg (Downloaded 48 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-23-2022 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
noomg

Mark,

I'd say you're right about those marks being made by a machinist or builder after the fact. The good news it probably means your motor has been rebuilt.

Good luck trying to track down your car's history. It's very difficult these days since the DMVs no longer give out any information. Your best source of info will be the paperwork (if any) that came with the car and the seller.

I've tried to track down the history of my car and have come up with a rough lineage with a lot of holes. Unfortunately I didn't become interested in the history until a number of years after I got it and I'd lost touch with the seller.

Posted: 08-06-2022 10:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
WhatsUpDOHC

noomg wrote:
Mark,

I'd say you're right about those marks being made by a machinist or builder after the fact. The good news it probably means your motor has been rebuilt.

Good luck trying to track down your car's history. It's very difficult these days since the DMVs no longer give out any information. Your best source of info will be the paperwork (if any) that came with the car and the seller.

I've tried to track down the history of my car and have come up with a rough lineage with a lot of holes. Unfortunately I didn't become interested in the history until a number of years after I got it and I'd lost touch with the seller.

Thanks for the reply, noomg!

I was hoping that someone here would recognize the marks. I'll keep digging.

Yes, it is comforting to know that the engine has been rebuilt. Also, it has aftermarket cams (unknown grind - I'll measure when I paint the Cam covers) and what appears to be 9.5:1 pistons.

Knock wood - It's running really strong and I'm loving the car.

Also, it's getting some really good attention at the Cars and Coffees!

Mark

Last edited on 08-06-2022 10:37 pm by WhatsUpDOHC

Current time is 08:57 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Markings from Engine Builder? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems