Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
accelerator cable  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-14-2022 10:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Bfitz241

anyone have any install tips for the throttle cable in the Jensen?  I looked through the service manual but didn't see anything applicable.
It looks like the pedal box has come out and I don't want to do that because the last guy glued it in with some kind of nuclear muck...it's on there.
but if you've done this and got any tips I'd appreciate the help.
has to be done, not looking forward to it

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-15-2022 02:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
redracer

You'll need to slither upside down under the dash. Take a long thin flat bladed screwdriver to remove the clip on the end of the pin that secures the cable to the lever (DON'T LOOSE THE CLIP). Push the securing pin out and now remove the 2 bolts holding the cable on the pedal box.
For installation, long needle nose/whatever to get the pin back in as well as the clip to retain the pin. Cheap long hemostats(AMAZON https://www.amazon.com/s?k=long+hemostats+18+inch&crid=YXSW6I3BYT7X&sprefix=long+hemostats%2Caps%2C85&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_14 )
are useful as well.
good luck, bruce

Posted: 05-16-2022 01:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Bfitz241

hey thanks for that.   It was tedious but do-able.  Helped a lot that I took the seat out.  Didn't have hemostats but was able to use a long set of needle nose and a pick.
One more step completed!

Posted: 05-18-2022 11:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
discogodfather

Quick tip: make sure the throttle cable can in fact pull the entire throttle open- actually peg the mechanical throttle stop. Easier to do with the Dell's or Webers because you can get someone to floor the throttle while you look threw the butterfly and see if it actually goes all the way.

A horrible loss of power occurs if the pedal can't really correspond to the full throttle. Adjustment of the cable should be able to take care if any issues but the last resort is to actually bend the pedal a bit (it's a separate part which can be unbolted). A thick carpet sometimes can also hinder the full actuation.

Current time is 05:58 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > accelerator cable Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems