Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > UBSCC All British Motoring Show 2021 (Dixon CA) Jensen Healeys

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
discogodfather

After a hiatus of 2 years (last year covid cancelled and the year before rained out), the UBSCC show was held yesterday and it was a blast. Probably about 100 cars total, every British make imaginable.

We had 4 Jensen Healeys in the show and I won first place. Special thanks to Bruce for getting me this lovely hard top earlier this year and it really cleaned up well.

All the cars were 74's except mine (73) and they were all originally sold in San Francisco at BMC. One was the original owner. The dark colored car had a complete Firebird V6 conversion, the other white and yellow car were original.

Of course we got along very well with the Lotus guys and we had some great back and forth. Everyone knew both Tim Engels and Bruce Madden and had been helped out by them at some point! I thought a beautiful 84' white Turbo Esprit was really the star of the Lotus lineup (which also had an early S1).

redracer

Having seen your car in other earlier pictures, you probably would have won without the top.
btw, do you know who owns the other 3 J-H?

discogodfather

redracer wrote:
Having seen your car in other earlier pictures, you probably would have won without the top.
btw, do you know who owns the other 3 J-H?

Thanks much Bruce,

The owners of the other three Healeys were locals, unfortunately I didn't get names despite extensively talking to each of them. The White car was a father son duo and they were extremely knowledgeable. The son was maybe 20 and he knew all about Colin Chapman and the era, he had impressive knowledge about the JH's. They had the most original car out of the bunch.

The next show is in May so I will be sure to get some names next time.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems