Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Ignition > IGNITION SWITCHES(electrical part)

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
IGNITION SWITCHES(electrical part)  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-24-2021 04:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
redracer

As our cars have aged, there is a bigger need for the electrical screw-on piece that goes in the back of our ignition steering column lock. I have been "cleaned out" now for some time and they have not been made since "I-don't-know-when".
There is a Lotus column lock that fits our steering column perfectly, but that item has not been made for ages. However, the electrical portion that screws in the back(like ours but totally different design--will NOT match ours) is still available new. The copper contact points are much "beefier" and larger than ours, so if you find that steering column lock, all you would need to do is cut the J-H wire ends and crimp/solder on female connectors.
Unfortunately, this scarce item(used) means that a different tactic is needed, so I would suggest a common & cheap($15) alternative to drill a proper sized hole somewhere near your dash and install one similar to this(BPNW)
https://www.bpnorthwest.com/ignition-switch-4-terminal-w-accessory.html
best wishes, bruce

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:54 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Ignition > IGNITION SWITCHES(electrical part) Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems