Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Quarter Light  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-18-2021 08:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
DonBurns

I looked through the 10 pages of Body and Interior stuff topics and can't find any about adjusting the quarter light. I'm hoping that means it is obvious or simple for everybody, and not that it can't be done!

15800 came back from the bodyshop with the passenger quarterlight frame showing about a 1/2" gap at the top where it should be pressed against the door seal at the top of the windscreen. It presses against the doorseal at the bottom. The door appears to be pretty well adjusted to the body door opening.

Is there a sequence to follow to adjust the quarterlight? I loosened the bolt underneath the door sill that attaches at the bottom of the window channel, but pushing that all the way out only gained me a little. What about the two bolts just under the quarterlight? Shims behind them? Something else?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-19-2021 02:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
redracer

Don: you'll need to pull the door panel/card off to get at the 2 bolts just under the window to adjust it(as well as the one on the bottom of the door you already found). After that, you will nee to readjust the main window agin since the quarter window has been moved. You can see all the attachment points once the panel is out of the way.
Good luck, bruce

Posted: 07-19-2021 03:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
noomg

Don,

There's also a slight amount of adjustment with the windshield.

Posted: 07-25-2021 02:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
DonBurns

Thanks for the input. I've been away for the last week, and haven't had a chance to work on it, but will this week.

Posted: 07-27-2021 09:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
DonBurns

Under the quarter light are two bolts just under the glass inside the door accessed through two holes in the panel, and then two more just below that. I tried loosening the first two along with the attachment bolt under the door. This allows some adjustment to the window up and down, and fore and aft. I'm not seeing how to adjust the position of the top of the quarter light glass in and out. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted: 07-28-2021 12:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Art DeKneef

When I put the windows and quarter light back into one of my JHs I had everything loosen just a little so the quarter light could move with a little effort. The same for the back window channel.

Also, are you sure the window itself is completely in position? Meaning the window itself might be out of kilt itself.

I had everything completely disassembled for a thorough cleaning. After putting everything back into the door it took a few tries to get everything to line up. Window rolled up a lot easier after the cleaning.

Current time is 03:35 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Quarter Light Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems