Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
GT interior problems.  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-22-2021 03:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
browndog9

So in the middle of covid, 2020, two of my buddies and I drove from Fort Worth to Prescott Arizona to buy a GT.
I have managed to get the original paint and dented hood back to acceptable condition.
I now going to try to fix two interior problems.
I pulled out the cigarette lighter and the casing for the lighter came out with it.
I hate to take apart the dash and would like alternatives to get the thing back together.
The glove box latches but the tumbler is missing. You can open it with a screwdriver but where can I get the tumbler ?
Any positive suggestions appreciated. Bill

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-14-2022 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
browndog9

Just for the sake of completeness, I did manage to get the cigarette lighter back together while shedding a slight amount of blood.
I removed the cover of the hose and heater shield on the passenger side. Taking off the hose from heater to defrroster vent , I was able to maneuver my arm and hand to a spot I could grab it.
Now for the tumbler.

Posted: 03-15-2022 12:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
redracer

Sorry; I didn't catch this thread last year when it came out. Do you need an actual tumbler/lock for the glove box? (should use the same key as the door locks)
stay safe. bruce

Posted: 03-15-2022 01:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
browndog9

Yes. I will take a picture of what I have and let you decide what I need. And thanks for your advice on my JH in St. Louis. I hope to enjoy Georgia in June. Bill

Posted: 04-04-2022 05:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
browndog9

Redrqacer, that did not go as planned. Sorry to take so long but I think it would be best if I got the whole glovebox lock assembly with a key if you have one. PM me as fire as the logistics.

Posted: 04-04-2022 09:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
redracer

I don't have a GT whole glovebox lock assembly(the 2 GTs I stripped, only one had a lock and Frank Schwartz got that one a few years ago).
Did you unscrew the round front threaded part holding the lock on?(in order to remove the assembly through nthe back of the box front).
btw, if you click on my name and then profile, my email address is there. This is a better way to contact me.

Posted: 04-04-2022 11:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
browndog9

Thank you I will

Current time is 12:38 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > GT interior problems. Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems