New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
JH 14933 made it to Dubai !  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-06-2021 07:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
MuslehMobiles

Hello Everyone,
So excited to join the club and to read about all your JH stories :)
I have acquired JH 14933 off Copart auction end of 2019 and shipped it to the other side of the globe all the way to Dubai!

I'm starting with what I think is going to be a challenging restoration project as every part need to be shipped from overseas.

I'm looking for information about the car history in the US, I know it was registered in Massachusetts during 2018/2019 according to the windshield sticker, I would love to talk to the previous owner. I have managed to talk to Richard Calver over emails who was so kind to provide me with some history, that the car was originally delivered to Hawaii and was in Delaware in 1985, but not much about the last 36 years, quite a gap to fill, but I think I'm in the right place to start with!

I would love to hear from you about anything that might help or any lead, note that the car original color was Malaga Blue and likely been green for some time before the current shade of blue.

If you got 10 min to know more about what I got and what I'm doing, check this video out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/eurZlQfJy1Y
Let me know what do you think :)

Some photos of the car as I bought it showing the US registration windshield tag on Copart website here:
https://www.copart.com/lot/43025769/Photos/clean-title-1974-jens-healey-ma-north-boston

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 06-07-2021 12:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Sander

Congratulations and Welcome

Posted: 06-08-2021 11:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
MuslehMobiles

Thanks Sander! 😊

Posted: 06-08-2021 09:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
redracer

wow--just saw your video, and if that is a rod through your block, then yes, your engine is toast. Things to save on the engine: water pump; oil pump with the large auxiliary housing with it; the starter; the alternator; the carbs; the cam sprockets and the oil pump/distributor sprocket.
Option: rebuild another engine($6-$7K).
I have seen a Buick V-6 installed -aluminum block);
maybe go for an electric conversion--seems every car is headed that way.
Something to plan for: the engine with all the ancillaries(starter, alternator) only weighed 275 lbs, so dropping in some Detroit iron might be too heavy on the front(the metal bumper cars only weighed a little over 2170 lbs!)
best wishes, bruce/Red racer

Posted: 06-09-2021 06:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
subwoofer

Get a "new" used engine from Lotusbits.

--
Joachim

Posted: 06-10-2021 08:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Esprit2

+1 on Lotusbits.
http://www.lotusbits.com/

They not only salvage Lotus and Jensen-Healey cars, they also make some custom hotrod parts. It's possible they could provide you with a replacement 907 that has a Jensen-Healey engine number (if you're serious about originality), or a 907 from an Elite, Eclat or Esprit (all would have 'Lotus' engine numbers).

They could provide you with an old engine as removed from a salvage car for you to rebuild, or they also rebuild engines to your spec. If you want a hotrod motor, but you don't know how to do it yourself, then Mike Taylor and the boys can help you out. But it gets expensive... so what do you want?

Good luck,
Tim Engel

Last edited on 06-16-2021 04:40 pm by Esprit2

Posted: 07-17-2021 11:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Dodospa1

conrats would like to follow your progress

Current time is 07:28 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > VIN Database for Jensen Healey & Jensen GT > JH 14933 made it to Dubai ! Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems