Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Speaker Locations?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-31-2021 10:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
BrandonDN

I took out the old radio and speakers because they were all falling apart and was wondering about speaker locations. Obviously I can put them in the original spot next to the knees and also I can put them in the door panels if I feel like cutting them out. But what are the 5 inch circular holes behind the seats for? Originally I thought they may have been for speakers but now I’m second guessing and wanted to make sure.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 06-01-2021 05:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
discogodfather

5" circular holes behind seats? Where do you see these, on the wheel arches?

Posted: 06-01-2021 05:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
BrandonDN

No, they’re right behind the butt of each seat. My dad and I believe they were for speakers but they were horribly cut out, as if with a hacksaw across and then folded inward. We’re just going to bend the metal back now and cover it with a metal plate.

Posted: 06-03-2021 06:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
discogodfather

Yeah these bodies are weak enough without the holes. Strange place to put speakers though, I have seen so many mounted to the inner panel in front of the wheel well. One of the problems is moving air, obviously a closed panel isn't going to work well.

My setup was to get rid of the central speakers, put some decent speakers in the doors, a small amp behind the glove box, and then two 5" woofers in the rear. It's fine put honestly no stereo is probably the way I would go in the future.

Current time is 06:13 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Accessories > Speaker Locations? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems