Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > AutoBlog Article on a Jensen Healey

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
AutoBlog Article on a Jensen Healey  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 02-01-2021 04:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
discogodfather

Haven't seen an article on the JH in years, enjoy:

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/01/31/junkyard-gem-1974-jensen-healey/

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-06-2021 02:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
noomg

This is really sad. It looks like it's been in the junkyard for quite sometime judging by how much stuff has been stripped off of it. I'm surprised the steel bumpers are still with the car, while they're not in great condition they can be straightened and they are getting hard to come by.

When I see a car like this it always makes me wonder how did someone let it get to this state. It's not like this was a junky basic transportation '80s sedan that just got driven until it died, it's a car you'd buy because you like to drive, not just something that gets you from place to place.

Posted: 03-06-2021 02:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
redracer

just saw the link; pull the water pump,the 3 decent fender, and the tm.

Posted: 03-08-2021 04:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Esprit2

The 907 Mk II was introduced in Aug, 1975. This article doesn't mention VIN or engine numbers, but if it's a Mk II, I'd also add pulling what's left of the engine (too bad the head is gone).

Just a comment on the article -- While no 907 is the 4-cylinder equivalent of a Chrysler Hemi, the "Torqueless Wonder" moniker applied to the Lotus Spec 7 (Federal 1978-80 onward). Since it came two years after Jensen closed, the J-H folk never had the 'pleasure'. Emissions requirements pretty much gutted it as it came. I've got two Spec 7 engines, but they didn't stay stock for long, and there's nothing 'torqueless' about them anymore.

Regards,
Tim Engel

Current time is 05:08 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > AutoBlog Article on a Jensen Healey Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems