Frank Schwartz - RIP  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 10-22-2020 12:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Sander

letter from Frank:

Dear Friends:

As I write this, I am reminded of all the joys...and even the aggravations, I experienced working on my Jensens. Also I am taking this opportunity to thank all of you who have responded to my emails and letters. The kindness, friendships, and associations that I have been blessed with in the Jensen group truly has been a very bright spot in my life. Pure fun, delight and happiness.

I regret that I am not able to continue to be with you.

I will miss all of you, dear friends.

Carry on. Keep the Jensens running and the Marque alive. Keep them "up front" where they belong.

Frank Schwartz

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-26-2020 01:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Harkes

What an incredibly sad news.
I enjoyed reading Frank's posts and his knowledge about our beloved cars.

RIP Frank

Posted: 10-26-2020 02:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
redracer

Most of you have already read this, but for those who haven't:

Morris Frank Schwartz Jr.
NOVEMBER 3, 1925 – OCTOBER 21, 2020
Obituary of Morris Frank Schwartz Jr.
Morris Frank Schwartz, Jr. (Frank) Born November 3, 1925 in Nashville, TN. Died October 21, 2020. Son of Morris Frank Schwartz, Sr and Deborah Cardozo Silber Schwartz. A lifetime resident of this area, his family were among the earliest settlers in middle Tennessee. Survived by Daughter, Patten Schwartz Laurel, Son, Morris Frank Schwartz III (Mark), three grandchildren, Lindsay Harris White Hayaux, Claire Gilbert White, Townley Davis White, great-grandson, Benjamin Holden Hayaux. Sister, Constance Elinor Schwartz Brickman of Boca Raton, Florida. Educated at Parmer Elementary School, Hillsboro High School, Duncan Preparatory School, Vanderbilt University, where he was a member of the ZBT Fraternity, The University of Wisconsin and Mississippi College, Clinton, MS He worked at Rich, Schwartz & Joseph for thirty-five years and was the third-generation President of the firm until the family sold the business in 1976. During his business career he served on the Board of Directors of the Retail Merchants Association and the Easter Seal Society. He worked with the Boy Scouts of America, the Heart Fund and the Cancer Society. He was a charter member of the Nashville City Club. He was a 32nd degree Mason and a fourth generation member of Cumberland Lodge No. 8 F&AM. He was a member of The Temple (Congregation Ohabai Sholom). He was a member of American Legion Post 88. His activities were many. He was building and flying model airplanes beginning at ten years of age. He was an active builder and flyer in the hobby winning multiple international awards. He was an editor of RC Modelers Magazine and a respected mentor for hobby enthusiasts. He was an expert on the Russian Air Force as well as electronics, and had numerous articles published on both subjects. He liked to brag that he was “The World’s Second Best R/C Flyer and Builder” because he said no one would question that. He was a senior member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics and had served as an Associate Vice President. He was a classic and antique car enthusiast and restorer, and his projects were National award winners. He was highly respected and sought after for his knowledge and technical advice for imported British cars, primarily Jensen’s. His automobile articles were published internationally. He was a gifted writer and novelist. He wrote several novels and short stories for his family. He was an amateur radio operator licensed in 1946. He was a member of the Sons of the American Revolution, the Sons of the War of 1812, the Sons of the Confederacy, and served in World War II in the US Navy in Aviation and on Motor Torpedo Boats. He served in both the American Theater and the Pacific Theater. He was awarded the Liberation Medal from the Philippine government for his wartime services. He was honored to have served his country. Memorial Service will be conducted virtually on Wednesday, November 4th, 2020 at 3pm Central. Information will be provided here for those that would wish to attend.

Posted: 10-27-2020 03:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
noomg

A fair wind and following sea Sir.

Posted: 11-04-2020 06:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
chrisl

I was lucky enough to meet Frank and Mark at the 2018 Jensen East meet in North Carolina.

He was great to chat to, and always willing to help; here he is with Stratton Hickey sorting out an issue with his Interceptor.

A great bloke.

Attachment: Frank S Stratton H Black Mountain 2018 2 .JPG (Downloaded 68 times)

Posted: 11-05-2020 07:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
browndog9

What a great guy. Hope you never have to change timing belts in heaven.

Current time is 03:43 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Intro Tech Board stuff > Frank Schwartz - RIP Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems