New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Air box hose size  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-01-2020 01:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Esprit2

Art,
For attachments, the file size must not exceed 102400 bytes... or 102kb. There are some little 'cling-ons' that add to the file side as sent, so I've found that 100-102kb photo attachments bounce. I've had to get them down to 96-98kb maximum before they upload.

*~*~*~*
Did you use purpose-made mold release wax, or just car wax? Mold release wax makes a difference. Polyester resin contains solvents that can attack regular wax. For that reason, when I'm playing with molds, I prefer to use epoxy resin.

In addition, consider spraying the plug or mold with PVA (poly vinyl alcohol) and letting it dry before laying-up the fiberglass. When you're done, any PVA residue rinses off easily.

For small parts, I usually spray it with a PreVal. It's a glass jar with 'aerosol' spray nozzel that accepts a screw-on, disposable pressure cannister. Pour whatever you want to spray into the glass jar, attach a pressure cannister, and spray away.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Paint-Paint-Supplies-Paint-Sprayers/Preval/N-5yc1vZarv5Z7vb

https://www.amazon.com/pva-mold-release/s?k=pva+mold+release

Regards,
Tim Engel

Last edited on 12-01-2020 01:12 am by Esprit2

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-01-2020 03:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Art DeKneef

Hi Tim,

I used a mold release wax that I used earlier to make a couple of pieces for something else. Those pieces popped off with a little effort. That's why I was surprised when I had so much trouble removing the mold pieces. The mold itself turned out OK except for everything sticking to it.

I didn't use any PVA as I didn't think I would need it based on not needing it on the pieces I made before. But I plan on using PVA when I try again. I have all the equipment needed here so that's not an issue.

Posted: 12-02-2020 06:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
discogodfather

I've stuck some molds in my time and it's extremely frustrating. Second on that PVA, it works, just remember to let it dry thoroughly. More generous draft angles and a really good analysis of undercuts is always a good idea too. Sometimes the mold hangs up with a very nuanced undercut that goes undetected, and no amount of mold release will allow that to separate.

Current time is 11:39 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > Air box hose size Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems