Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Rust Conditioning products

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Rust Conditioning products  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 08-15-2005 07:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jay

I have scraped the rust scale from my floorboards. I have just a few small holes. I was considering brazing them closed and then using some kind of "over rust" coating. I have seen the reference to POR-15 and Zero Rust. A local paint shop in my area has a product called "Chassis Saver" from Magnet Paints. Has anyone used this product? If so, What is your opinion as to which product is better. Any and all advise is welcome.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 08-16-2005 02:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

First, I'm not familiar with the product "Chassis Saver".

I have used both POR-15 and Zero Rust and prefer the Zero Rust product. I also use a product called Picklex 20 before I put on the Zero Rust. The combination works great in preventing rust.

Posted: 08-17-2005 12:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
George

I'd also be interested in people's opinion on this.  I have used POR 15 too, but like the idea of the spray can for small parts with the Zero Rust.  I think Eastwood has a product too, maybe Chassis Saver? 

I haven't been in the restoration hobby long enough to have results from any field tests!  Any thoughts out there?

Thanks

Posted: 08-17-2005 02:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jay

I checked the Eastwood web site. They have a reprint of an artical from AUTO RESTORER, November 2003, that compares "Rust Encapsulator" to "POR-15" Upon reading the artical, I decided to try the " Eastwood Rust Encapsulator Red " product on my floorboards.

Here is a link to their web site.  http://www.eastwoodco.com/

Current time is 02:38 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Rust Conditioning products Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems