Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Hydraulic clutch conversion

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Hydraulic clutch conversion  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-04-2020 12:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
jomac

Has anyone tried to convert to hydraulic clutch setup. My attempt with using an off shelf clutch master cylinder and slave , I could not get enough pedal travel to disengage clutch. What I tried to do, moving the clutch fork thru hydraulic action rather than the clutch cable.

Last edited on 07-04-2020 11:19 pm by jomac

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-05-2020 02:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
mtechwim

Think you need a large travel master cylinder
BMW has those, but the are build in the pedalbox.

If needed I could look if I have a picture some were.

Posted: 02-22-2023 10:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Darth V8R

jomac wrote: Has anyone tried to convert to hydraulic clutch setup. My attempt with using an off shelf clutch master cylinder and slave , I could not get enough pedal travel to disengage clutch. What I tried to do, moving the clutch fork thru hydraulic action rather than the clutch cable.
Any particular reason for this?

The problem with this is that the JH clutch fork needs to be PULLED, while hydraulic slave cylinders PUSH. So it does not matter how much travel you get, you will not be able to disengage the clutch unless you install some sort of bell crank, or place the slave inside the bell housing.

Likewise for the clutch master cylinder. The attachment point for the cable means that simply installing a hydraulic master will not work. You will need to fab up some sort of linkage to PUSH on the master.

If you feel the clutch is too heavy, try lubricating the cable. Just a thought.

Vance

Last edited on 05-06-2023 05:32 pm by Darth V8R

Current time is 09:05 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Hydraulic clutch conversion Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems