Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > fromt brake hard lines

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
kart54

Well, My Jensen Healey roared back to life but I now have another problem. I replaced the master which worked great but found that when I drove it I had no left front brake.
Figured out it is the rubber line; but that's not the problem.
In checking the lines I managed to twist the hard line that runs from the caliper to the soft line in half. The nut grabbed the line and destroyed it.
So, where can I get a short little hard line to run from the soft line to the caliper? If you haven't looked at yours in awhile it is about a 6 inch line that runs from where the soft line mounts on the backing plate to the back of the caliper.
I will be ordering soft lines from Delta tomorrow but would like to get this hard line so I can get on the road in the not to distant future.
Thanks
Kart54

Last edited on 06-01-2020 12:12 am by kart54

discogodfather

Delta and JHPS should have it if it's the standard factory line. If not, most auto parts stores and Eastwood sell universal brake line and some flaring tools to make the part. I took the opportunity years ago to make the whole hard line system out of stainless steel tube. Does require some fabrication skills and a special bender.

redracer

I've got plenty of "good used" ones from all the cars I used to have; let me know EXACTLY which one it is if you want one.
bruce

kart54

Thank you very much Bruce. i just sent you a PM.

Kart54

kart54

Thanks to Redracer and Delta I have all the parts ordered. I will report back with the results.

Kart54

kart54

Well, I have read several of you talking about the rubber brake lines but never actually seen it in any car. My parts arrived and I changed the rubber lines and the hard line.The rubber line on the driver's side was completely blocked. It was so bad I could not blow air through it or get a piece of safety wire to push through after I removed it. Fluid was still clear but I bled new fluid through anyway.
Car now stops perfectly straight and I am once again on the road with one of the only daily drivers on California's Central Coast.
Many thanks to Bruce Madden and the guys at Delta.
Kart 54

Last edited on 06-08-2020 07:28 pm by kart54

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems