Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > EBC Slotted and Drilled High Performance Rotors Review

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
discogodfather

I had seen these around for years and never was particularly interested because of the crazy prices ($400+) but judging from pictures I thought they might be pretty nice. I have EBC stuff on alot of old bikes and cars and it's always pretty good.

The pictures online looked as if they were drilled and slotted through, I was even convinced they had added a vane internally to the rotor to allow for more cooling. Alas, all this was fake images of other products.

I found a very good deal for these online and payed about $60 over what regular rotors cost, I thought it would be worth the money. When the rotors came I could not believe it. The slots and cross drills are basically engraved on the surface, and the rotor itself is basically completely stock.

They come painted in some kind of powder coating, which I immediately thought was silly. A card in the box says: don't wipe this off with anything, keep it on. It will come off in 10-20 stops!

So this is just plain a waste of money and a gimmick. The rotor does have 3 slots, that's it. That's the only useful thing I can see here, the little dimple holes are purely for show.

The "coating" will be gone in a few days, so I'll post what that looks like (probably horrible), so it's really not worth it on any level.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems