Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > JH Mk1 Headlamp Panel issue

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
JH Mk1 Headlamp Panel issue  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-23-2019 11:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
JHPSow

Hi All,
My JH Mk1 bare metal rebuild continues, now into year 3!
Panel work coming to an end, but Im having trouble remembering how the headlamp panels are aligned.
Do you have a photo of your JH with the GRP Headlamp cowl removed, showing the metal panel fit? If yes, please can you upload into this post?

My rusty damaged headlamp panels were removed 3 years ago. I have purrchased 2x new headlamp panels & and 2x adjacent "headlamp pane" (triangular) panels.
Two issues:

1. The headlamp panel can be fitted with the edge flanges pointing forward (I think this position is correct) and pointing backwards. Having looked online I found pictures of JH's with both set ups.
Looking at the Martin Robey (MR) panel images on their website:
https://www.martinrobey.com/jensen-healey/interactive-parts/diagrams/88/body/
Flange looks to be pointing forward. When asked, MR were unable to confirm correct position.
Suggestions?

2. The new headlamp panel doesnt align to the Inner Wing , circa. 1" gap.
Please see photo showing gap. MR advised fettling to achieve "best fit".
Suggestions?
See photo attachement for gaps etc

Attachment: JH-Headlamp-Panelv4.jpg (Downloaded 64 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-27-2019 03:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
noomg

JHPSow,

I've just reassembled my J-H after painting, my headlamp panel flanges face forward. There shouldn't be a gap a between the two panels, it looks like the inner wing panel needs to be rounded a bit to match the shape of the headlight bucket. It looks like a little metalwork will be required. Hey, if it was easy everyone would be driving a J-H, LOL.

Posted: 03-28-2019 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
JHPSow

Hey noomg,

Thank you for your reply, we had a long hard look at the situ, another cup of tea, and came to the same decision. Hlamp panel flange forward, panel work to inner wing. Now a good fit. Stone chip just applied to new floors, sills, chassis legs, etc, etc

Posted: 03-30-2019 03:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
noomg

Well there's the problem, if you'd had another Guinness instead of a cup of tea, the answer would have revealed itself.

Current time is 06:26 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > JH Mk1 Headlamp Panel issue Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems