Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > Front brake rotors replacement?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Front brake rotors replacement?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-20-2019 11:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
dlwharleyman

As the description says, I have a 74 JH with a Chevy 350. The previous owner put it in and beefed up the front suspension, but it has the stock solid rotors and calipers. I noticed online that EBC has two rotors. The RK533, around $190, and the GD533, around $400. ANyone had experience with these or have other recommendations? ALso, what about some good pads?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-21-2019 09:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
gmgiltd

Have a look at topic http://www.jensenhealey.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=1497&forum_id=6&page=2 to see another option.
The standard JH weight distribution front to rear was fairly even and the GTs with fuel and driver were very slightly rear heavy so I imagine that your priority would be to improve the front brakes. Hence the suggestion for Hispec fronts.
I have had good experience with EBC discs on a Range Rover, Alfa GTA Sportwagon and Audi Quattro over the years - all road use. Bear in mind that these are as good as OEM in terms of feel and durability. I had their more competition oriented cast iron discs on a modified 1200 Triumph Daytona - worked really well but were prone to corrosion in all weather use.
Gordon

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 10:42 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > Front brake rotors replacement? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems