Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Exhaust scrapes in my steep driveway

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Exhaust scrapes in my steep driveway  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 08-08-2005 04:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
edward_davis

Hello,

My little apartment building has the garages located in the basement, with a very steep driveway to get in and out of them.  My poor baby scapes her exhaust about midway between the front and rear wheels when I go over the edge onto the driveway.  If it weremy house, I would just have the offending section of the driveway cut out, but I'm renting here, so I can't do that. 

Does anyone have any advice on how to drive in, so that I can protect my poor baby?  How about homemade ramps that could solve the problem?  Does anyone have any experience with that they could offer?

Thanks!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 08-08-2005 09:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Mark Rosenbaum

That's one of the inherent drawbacks of a car with only 5 or 6 inches ground clearance.  The only solutions that come to mind are (a) installing Delta's 'high performance' exhaust system, which seems to sit a bit higher than the stock system, (b) fabricating some sort of shallow ramp so you can drive over the obstruction, or (c) hiring about ten burly guys to lift the car up and over it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 02:49 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Exhaust scrapes in my steep driveway Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems