Home 

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
noomg

Now that the new paint is on I'm getting ready to redo the interior. I'm starting with the carpeting but I haven't seen much posted about carpet replacement. I'm thinking about using the MacGregor carpet kit, has anyone here used this kit?

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Delta has a set for both interior and boot, but Mac. also use the "J" emblem on the carpet mats for driver and Pass. it's a nice touch but may be an additional charge.
PS: don't go by Mac's on line pricing they haven't updated it in close to 10 years, so expect to pay more.
Brett.

noomg

Thanks for the reply Brett,

I think "expect to pay more" pretty much goes with the territory. While the original is a loop pile available in black or brown only(Delta I assume)MacGregor offers a choice of ten colors and comes in a very nice cut pile. I got my door seals and rubber from MacGregor and was pleased with not only the quality but the prices. I think they source most of their stuff from England so right now I'm leaning toward MacGregor.

redracer

The LLOYD custom floor mats to protect and look good for both sides are very reasonably priced with many colors for choice. For a slight extra charge they will embroider(NOT silk screen/paint) in your choice of colors a name, letters, etc. I had a red J-H embroidered on mine to match my carmine car color. AUTOANYTHING sells them:
https://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/78A4395A0A0.aspx

noomg

Wow, thanks for the link Red, I definitely see a set of Lloyd floor mats in my Jensen-Healey's future.

allstateguy

I have Lloyd mats in my JH. The first set they sent were stitched for RHD. I had to show them pix of what they sent, but they finally made LHD mats, and I'm satisfied with the quality and fit.
I still have the RHD mats in case anyone needs them.

noomg

Another option for floor mats has just come to my attention, Coco Mats. Some of the Austin-Healey guys have found a site that makes custom coco mats. I've gotta say they look pretty cool, very period correct. Google cocomats.com if you want to check them out.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems