Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Replacement Carpeting  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-20-2018 12:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
noomg

Now that the new paint is on I'm getting ready to redo the interior. I'm starting with the carpeting but I haven't seen much posted about carpet replacement. I'm thinking about using the MacGregor carpet kit, has anyone here used this kit?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-20-2018 01:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Delta has a set for both interior and boot, but Mac. also use the "J" emblem on the carpet mats for driver and Pass. it's a nice touch but may be an additional charge.
PS: don't go by Mac's on line pricing they haven't updated it in close to 10 years, so expect to pay more.
Brett.

Posted: 12-20-2018 04:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
noomg

Thanks for the reply Brett,

I think "expect to pay more" pretty much goes with the territory. While the original is a loop pile available in black or brown only(Delta I assume)MacGregor offers a choice of ten colors and comes in a very nice cut pile. I got my door seals and rubber from MacGregor and was pleased with not only the quality but the prices. I think they source most of their stuff from England so right now I'm leaning toward MacGregor.

Posted: 12-21-2018 12:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
redracer

The LLOYD custom floor mats to protect and look good for both sides are very reasonably priced with many colors for choice. For a slight extra charge they will embroider(NOT silk screen/paint) in your choice of colors a name, letters, etc. I had a red J-H embroidered on mine to match my carmine car color. AUTOANYTHING sells them:
https://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/78A4395A0A0.aspx

Posted: 12-21-2018 05:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
noomg

Wow, thanks for the link Red, I definitely see a set of Lloyd floor mats in my Jensen-Healey's future.

Posted: 12-21-2018 09:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
allstateguy

I have Lloyd mats in my JH. The first set they sent were stitched for RHD. I had to show them pix of what they sent, but they finally made LHD mats, and I'm satisfied with the quality and fit.
I still have the RHD mats in case anyone needs them.

Posted: 02-06-2019 03:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
noomg

Another option for floor mats has just come to my attention, Coco Mats. Some of the Austin-Healey guys have found a site that makes custom coco mats. I've gotta say they look pretty cool, very period correct. Google cocomats.com if you want to check them out.

Current time is 08:03 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Replacement Carpeting Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems